Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 4, June 17th, Ithaca, NY

Day 4, June 17th    

Gina bought a fan for the window two days ago. It cooled the room down. The temperature is in the high 80’s with high humidity. The sun shines brightly through the two windows as the fan stirs the air. I look at all the food boxes and gear. Today is a day for planning and organizing. After breakfast, Gina and I talk about tomorrow. We will leave Ithaca about 9 am, which should get me at the trailhead around 12 noon. I plan to hike 7 miles tomorrow. I figure I can make 1 ½ to 2 miles per hour, which would get me to the Lean-To 5 pm. I spend the rest of the day lounging around, studying the maps, and packing my backpack.

In the evening we go to Julie and her family’s duplex a few blocks away. I carb-up and enjoy the variety form veggies, bread, and fruit. After we get home, I get out my hair cutter with the idea of taking off most of my hair. The cutter has not been used for a long time and needs to be taken apart and cleaned. I decide that my hair is not that long and figure that if I need to hitch hike, a clearly gray haired older man with a backpack is safe to pickup and give a ride. I go to bed with the fan on me, the windows open, and the curtains wide upon. Ahhhh Sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment