Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 10, June 23rd, a zero day

Day 10, June 23rd a zero day

I eat a couple of extra Power bars and start going through every item in my pack and judge it’s necessity. I figure I take out about a pound and add it to the bounce box. I pack the food in the food duffle bag and leave the Lodge to mail my bounce box at the post office. Afterwards on the way up the street to the library, I see the lady who gave me directions yesterday. She is washing down her porch. I say hi and she recognizes me. We talk about the trail and mildew on houses in both NY and WI. I tell her that I paint house and have power washed quite a few over the years. Completing the computer work at the library takes about 2 hours. When I get back to the Lodge, I ask Tracy if she would give me a ride to the trailhead tomorrow and she says yes. We set a time for leaving in the morning. I got back to Subway and get another meal. The owner and I talk about my journey. He tells me to come in for a free breakfast before I start my hike. I go back to my room and watch the weather channel, pack up, eat dinner, and go to bed. I guess I have decided to continue the hike with the goal of hiking as many miles as I can. This rest has lifted my spirits. More rain during he night – the grass will be wet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment